Tuesday 6 July 2010

Visit to Central America

    I have not entered any new material for some time now and it will be difficult to post very much in the coming days.
However I do want to bring anyone visiting this site up to date.
    Currently three members of the Social Justice Committee of Montreal (myself included) are visiting Central America. I am sitting here in the middle of Guatemala City after spending several days visiting the western region of  Guatemala, talking with communities affected by mining companies there.  Later in the week we will begin visiting other Central American countries as well.
    The situation is serious and the people are more and more organized. There will be more to say later in the month.
     Meanwhile I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and some measure of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment