Friday 6 December 2013

The Parish in Canto Grande

I worked in this area for a time. The building is new.
    For several years I lived in Canto Grande (and for others in Ancash to the north).
     When I arrived it was to assist with the work of the parish in Canto Grande. Later I became responsible for the formation of Peruvians who wanted to join our community. I also developed a human rights defence coordination for the entire area during the time of the greatest violence (1987-1991).
     I watched the development of this parish from nearly the beginning. It has obviously grown. Youth have always been at the centre. In the early years we had 800 confirmations each year.
   In the following video link the current pastor of the parish explains the life of the parish as it exists several decades later.  (The music toward the end was written especially for the parish as its anthem.) To see the video in Spanish, presenting the parish, click here.

For more on the parish, see its web site: click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment